Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Roasted Corn off the Cob

My husband LOVES corn on the cob. While I do like corn, the whole cobb thing is not for me. So...I prepare corn on the cob for him next to this recipe for me...same temp, same time, everyone's happy!

Ingredients:
Corn on the cob (average 1-2 per person)
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt/Pepper
Parmesan cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Put corn stalks (already shucked) in a bowl. Using a sharp knife, cut kernals off cob and into the bowl. Toss kernals with oil, a pinch of salt, and a pinch of pepper. Spread onto a baking sheet. Roast for 20ish minutes, tossing kernals a couple of times during cooking. After about 20 minutes, toss kernals with some parmesan cheese and put back in the oven for a few more minutes. Corn is done when kernals are caramelized around the edges. YUM!

Other uses/ideas:
Skip the parmesan and after roasting, put corn in bowl with black beans and avocado with a dash of balsamic (variation of my black bean corn salsa).

Use corn for topping tacos.

Mix cooked corn with softened cream cheese, and a bit of salsa to make a creamy corn side dish.


No comments:

Post a Comment