Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tonight's Dinner

I typically buy the same vegetables at the grocery store every Sunday and figure out what protein or leftover I'll serve them with later. Running in the store for some ground turkey after work is easier than strict meal planning for me.

Tonight's dinner was particularly satisfying (and I remembered to photograph it)!

Burgers with Havarti cheese, caramelized onions, avocado, roasted mushrooms/broccoli

I had everything but the burger meat and cheese, so I grabbed that on the way home from work.

Indoor skillet burgers:
Medium high heat, 7 minutes first side, flip, 4 minutes, top with cheese to melt for a minute.

Caramelized onions and roasted veggies in another post.

Other additions you'll see in the picture. Grain mustard and BBQ sauce (my favorite burger condiment combo), and my new obsession: hot and sweet jalapeƱos. These are found with all of the other pickled items and I think they're technically a "deli sandwich" topping...amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment