Thursday, May 17, 2012

Roasted Brussel Sprouts-They Will Change Your Mind

Ok. I am being 100 percent honest when I say that I have tried brussel sprouts out at restaurants (I'm sure loaded with butter, etc.) and I pretended I liked them because I knew they were healthy-the truth is, I've hated them every way I've had 'em. Until now...

Ingredients:
Brussel Sprouts (in the open container where you can get as many as you want, I try to get the small ones)

Extra virgin olive oil

Lots of kosher salt and pepper

Directions: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut each sprout in half lengthwise, or even quarter them if they're large ones (trust me, I've tried several recipes now, and most have you leave them whole...dont do it! They will taste brussel sprouty). I set them on the pan with the cut side up, and drizzle with the oil. Toss them around to make sure they're really coated, but face them all cut side up again afterward. Sprinkle liberally with salt and a little less liberally with pepper. Roast for about 30 minutes, give the pan a *tszuj, and let them roast for another 5-10. They shoud look brownish and crispy. Toss with some more salt if you need to and devour! And then post a comment if they changed your mind like they changed mine :)

Not sure how to pronounce that crazy word in that sentence? Check out below...ya learn something new every day! I always say this word...no idea how it was really spelled. Thank you urbandictionary!

*Tszuj
Verb.

To tweak, fluff, primp, improve, make fabulous (most often in wardrobe/fashion context, but others also apply).

Pronunciation: Begins and ends with the same "zh" sound, as in "measure".

Made popular by/notable people you may have heard use it: Carson Kressley of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, Chef Nigella Lawson, Designer Ralph Lauren.

Origin: Variations used in many countries like France, Russia, Scandinavia, Germany, Australia, Canada.
"Just tszuj it a little, and you're set!"

No comments:

Post a Comment