Sunday, March 25, 2012

Delicious Barbeque Sausage

This recipe comes from a request by my husband for "some meat." He has been trying to cut out bread, etc. so he was really needing a manly meat dish. But, since I'm the cook, I had control over the healthiness. :) I ended up loving this meaty meal just as much as he did.

Ingredients:
2 pkgs lean barbeque sausage, any flavor you like (I used a good quality, all-beef, cheddar/jalapeno)
Your favorite barbeque sauce (mine's Sweet Baby Ray's)
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow onion

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut sausages into 2 inch pieces, and slice onion and pepper into strips. Put all of this in a 9 x 13 baking dish, cover the ingredients with barbeque sauce, and toss to coat everything. The amount of sauce you use is up to you, the more you add, the more you'll have to spoon over the top of your meal later. :)

Bake for 35-40 minutes or until sauce looks nice and thick.

Notes: I think I may try switching the veggies out for some bbq beans sometime. This would be a fun take on the classic hotdog/baked beans summer favorite. 

I served this with a fresh salad. It would also be great with coleslaw (see recipes found on other posts).

No comments:

Post a Comment