Sunday, February 26, 2012

New Addiction: Feta Coleslaw with Radishes

We went out to dinner last night at a new burger restaurant. The service was terrible, but the food was delicious. I ordered a burger with blue chees and a bacon jam topping (working on how to recreate that recipe). On the side, I ordered "Feta Coleslaw." since I love and make the Zoe's recipe so often (recipe on another post), I was expecting it to be similar-how wrong I was. Feta and a light vinaigrette, yes. But the purple cabbage/radish/carrot combo, made it unique and amazing.

Ingredients:
1 head purple cabbage
1 bag matchstick carrots
1 bunch radishes
1 container feta cheese
Olive oil
Red wine vinegar
Salt
Pepper
Sugar
Parsley

Directions: Shred the cabbage. Thinly slice radishes and the cut each slice into quarters. Chop a handful of parsley. Put all of this, along with carrots, in a bowl and mix together. For the dressing, mix 1/2 c olive oil, 1/4 c red wine vinegar, a pinch of salt, dash of pepper, pinch of sugar ( I love using old-fashioned words like pinch and dash :) not really sure what exactly those terms measure as, but still, it's fun). Taste the dressing for salt/sugar-it should taste like a slightly sweet vinaigrette. Pour dressing over veggies, add feta on top and toss to coat everything. Now for the hard part- put it in the fridge and let it do it's thing for a few hours-I hate recipes where I can't eat them immediately, but this is worth the wait.

1 comment: