Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Roasted Veggies

Most nights during the week, my husband and I enjoy some sort of protein alongside a version of the recipe I am about to share. I've included some modifications for you to try below.

Ingredients:
1 zucchini
1 yellow squash
1 red onion
1 red bell pepper
1 box of mushrooms (I like baby bellas or crimini, but it doesn't matter which kind your use)
salt
pepper
Dried Italian herb mix (I use Herbs de Provence)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Slice everything. The key here is to cut everything close to the same thickness so it all cooks evenly. Toss all of your veggies with extra virgin olive oil, a pinch of salt, a pinch of pepper, and about a tablespoon of your Italian herb mix, on a baking sheet. Spread everything out in one layer. Roast until fork tender, about 15 minutes.


Variations:

Throw some whole garlic cloves into the mix. Once they cook they get creamy and become spreadable. Yum!

Try squash. Cut a butternut squash into chunks. Toss it with salt, pepper, and olive oil (skip the Italian seasoning). Depending on the size of your pieces, squash may take a bit longer to roast.

I also love a pin I found for roasted cauliflower and broccoli. Look for another post with these recipes.   



No comments:

Post a Comment